18.12.10

Day 6 @ Home

So today was a bit different than going to some beach or doing some intense hike, instead my cousin Randy took me and Riley to a shooting range at Koko Head.  We were able to shoot rifles and hand guns, which for the most part had some unexpected kicks to it.  Fun time for sure and a great way to switch it up here on the islands.








At the end of the day, I find myself sitting here alone realizing I have lost focus on my target.  My aim was set high to the One that makes 'real joy' available, but my vision was distorted by the big and little things in life that I have been too easily distracted by.  I found myself building a future in my mind that little by little He was being less and less a part of.  You see, I'm in a pursuit where if He is not my priority, everything else is meaningless.  Again, "It's the way you pursue God" (J.Cas.).  As of now, I've dropped the glass ball but I'm picking up the pieces.  I'm readjusting my scope and taking another shot at this approach to life.  But perhaps it's not the scope I'm looking through that makes everything seem blurry which makes me miss the target, perhaps it's the bad eye condition I have that's throwing me off.  I have come to realize this possibility; therefore, I'll just put on my contacts or glasses.  Now I can continue a fresh start with a fresh pair of eyes.  I have my eyes set on the target and I'm engaging in a pursuit to reach it: Putting God first, and knowing that everything else will follow accordingly.   

To Whom It May Concern:
I believe I have what you are looking for.  You know how to reach me.  Ask and it shall be given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment